Sunday 13 May 2012

What I expected and what I got

What I expected: a very sore appendage and feeling back to normal otherwise within a few days.

What I got: no pain. In fact the other one hurts a lot more. But it's like I've been hit by a steamroller. It's 10 days now since the operation and I can still only walk a few steps without a stick. My legs don't work properly and I'm exhausted to the point of tears the whole time. Or it may be the dissertation making me cry.

I am dealing with this the only way possible - by buying a whole lot of random shit on ebay that I probably won't take out of the packaging if it arrives.

6 comments:

  1. Aw. Take it easy, you've just had a general anaesthetic. I won't tell you the effect it had on me, but it really wasn't pretty.

    Post the random shit! I am having a major episode of the blues and it manifests in buying tat from junkshops. Will post shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 x £10 handbags, neither of which I need, tailor's dummy, churidar, nailpolish, earplugs, lipstick

      Delete
  2. By the way, I came across this video of Robert Sapolsky somewhere. I love him, and I found this useful, interesting & comforting.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOAgplgTxfc&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my 9th general and it's by far the worst reaction I've had. I nearly vomited all over Marsha Klein who came to pick me up from hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. come to think of it, i managed to move pretty damn fast then because I got away from her and out of the room before I spewed. Things have gone downhill since.

      Delete
  4. Just glad you're through it in one piece.

    ReplyDelete