Wednesday 15 August 2012

Stupid, stupid, stupid

What on earth made me think it was a good idea to go to a comedy show about love and romance? One with audience participation where people shared stories about all the lovely romantic things people have done for them? People don't do romantic things for me - they use me for a bit till they can't tolerate having me about any longer then they throw me away. Mind you, things don't appear to have been much better for the comedians. One stated that she had basically shut up shop after a bad breakup and the other admitted he'd never had a relationship.

I'm not enjoying the Festival at all this year. The only thing that's been half way enjoyable involved warfare, pillaging and death.

2 comments:

  1. Aargh, nightmare. We once went to a stand up show in the Arts Theatre with a German comedian with observational/scientific comedy about Sex, with audience participation. I think we were the only two English people in the theatre, which was lucky for him as otherwise everyone would have made a run for it. English people hate audience participation, especially about personal stuff.

    I've never been to the festival, do you think it's too late? Everyone says it's all corporate now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think it's still worth it. The big names are now very expensive but you can see them in London anyway. There's a lot of free stuff of varying quality. I'm just not in the mood this year, I hate crowds at the best of times and comedy's never much fun by yourself anyway.

    ReplyDelete